Roasted Veggie Heaven
It's a perfect time to add a plethora of veggies to your diet − they are colorful, delicious, and always celebratory!
Low in fat, low in calories, no cholesterol... veggies are a win-win. And... bodies filled with veggies are better armed against cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure... and they better thrive with energy, fiber, folate, vitamins, minerals, and a healthy glow. Plus these roasted veggies are easy to make and they taste really good.
I love this Roasted Veggie Heaven recipe; you can always add any extra veggies you have around, and once roasted, it can be stored in the fridge for days. The perfect way to add veggies to your day without any hassle. And something truly delicious to look forward to − a guilty pleasure without the guilt!
- 4 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 small white onions, cut into chunks
- 3 Japanese eggplants, sliced
- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 yams, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower separated into pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450◦F.
Place veggies into open roasting pan. Toss with parsley, chopped garlic, salt, and fresh ground black pepper; use just enough olive oil to coat.
Roast for about 45 minutes, or until crisp and tender.