Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
Oct 27, 2016
Blending is a great way to get nutrients into your diet. Blended recipes can be a great meal replacement with loaded value. Here is why:
- The fiber in smoothies (especially green smoothies) has a cleansing effect on the colon.
- Smoothies are more filling than juices and more satisfying for extended, routine enjoyment.
- When adding fruit, the sugar is absorbed more slowly because there is much more fiber.
- Blenders are easy to clean. A quick rinse, add a little soap, and rinse again.
- Smoothies taste great and are very family friendly.
- You can make healthy soups, sauces, nut milks, nut butters, salsas, salad dressings, and dips.
- Adding superfoods like hemp protein, chia, maca, camucamu, and spirulina to your smoothies creates dense nutritional value.
I recommend purchasing a blender for your first piece of mixing equipment. Blenders are a great start ─ so easy and convenient. If you can purchase a juicer next, go for it. Juicers add another dimension, because fresh juices are the fastest shortcut to dense, easily absorbed nutrition and cell regeneration. Vitamix has a heat setting to make soups, which is a great perk. My Vitamix is running pretty much daily. Enjoy the smoothie recipe and all those nutrients!